Apple Brown Betty
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs apple juice
A brown Betty is a classic apple dessert made with butter apples and cinnamon.
- Mix bread crumbs, butter lemon peel, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place half of the sliced apples in a buttered baking dish.
- Cover with half of the bread crumb mixture.
- Add the remaining apple slices and cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Moisten with apple juice.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.