Apple Brown Betty
|4 golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced|
|1 cup plain bread crumbs|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tsp grated lemon peel|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|4 tbs apple juice|
A brown Betty is a classic apple dessert made with butter apples and cinnamon.
- Mix bread crumbs, butter lemon peel, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place half of the sliced apples in a buttered baking dish.
- Cover with half of the bread crumb mixture.
- Add the remaining apple slices and cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Moisten with apple juice.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.