Apricot Honey Bread with Walnuts and Raisins
|3 cups whole wheat flour|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/4 tsp ground nutmeg|
|1 and 1/4 cups milk|
|1 cup honey|
|1 egg, slightly beaten|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 cup chopped dried apricots|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup raisins|
This is delicious bread flavored with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and apricots.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, honey egg and oil in a separate bowl.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in apricots, walnuts and raisins.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a wooden tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.