Asian Barbecued Steaks
|1/4 cup Asian chili sauce|
|1/4 cup fish sauce|
|2 tbs sesame oil|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 lbs flank steak|
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
- Set aside a few tbs of the mixture for brushing the steaks during grilling.
- Score the steak and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour remaining marinade over the steak and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to high heat.
- Lightly brush the grilling surface with oil.
- Grill the steak for about 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Brush frequently with the reserved marinade mixture.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.