- 4 lbs of lamb shoulder, fat removed and cut into pieces
- Olive oil
- 3 onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 carrots cut into pieces
- 1 dried red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 potatoes cut into pieces
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
This is a traditional lamb stew that is served in the Basque region of Spain.
- Brown lamb in oil with onion garlic carrot and pepper.
- In a separate saute pan, brown the potatoes. About 6 minutes
- When vegetables are soft and meat is browned, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro, chicken stock and wine to cover.
- Add the browned potatoes.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes using low heat.