Basque Lamb Stew
|4 lbs of lamb shoulder, fat removed and cut into pieces|
|3 onions diced|
|3 cloves garlic crushed|
|3 carrots cut into pieces|
|1 dried red pepper, chopped|
|1 cup red wine|
|1 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|6 potatoes cut into pieces|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
This is a traditional lamb stew that is served in the Basque region of Spain.
- Brown lamb in oil with onion garlic carrot and pepper.
- In a separate saute pan, brown the potatoes. About 6 minutes
- When vegetables are soft and meat is browned, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro, chicken stock and wine to cover.
- Add the browned potatoes.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes using low heat.