Brie Cheese in Puff Pastry
- 1 (8 oz) well of brie cheese, rind on
- 3 tbs apricot preserves
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
Chunky preserves are sandwiched between a halved wheel of Brie and a puff pastry crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Slice the wheel of Brie in half so you have two circles of cheese.
- Spread apricot preserves on the cut side of 1 circle of Brie.
- Top with the other half of Brie (cut side) preserves in the center.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and prick all over with a fork.
- Wrap the entire wheel of brie with the sheet of puff pastry.
- Place the puff pastry wrapped wheel, seem side down on the cookie sheet.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg white.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into wedges and serve.