Butternut Squash with Parmesan
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs butter melted
This squash is baked with a Parmesan cheese topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan add water and squash and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until squash is soft.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash and mix with the mayonnaise, onion, egg and brown sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 qt baking dish.
- In another bowl , mix together the crackers Parmesan and butter.
- Sprinkle over the squash mixture.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until the topping is lightly browned.