- 1 ripe ca cantaloupe halved seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar syrup (recipe to follow)
- mint leaves for garnish
This is super refreshing sorbet with cantaloupe sweetened with a sugar syrup. 6 servings.
- To make sugar syrup – Combine 2 lbs of superfine sugar with 4 cups of water.
- Bring sugar and water to a gently boil.
- Reduce heat until bubbles break surface.Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- May be stored in refrigerated for several weeks.
- For the sorbet – Add cantaloupe along with 1/2 cup of sugar syrup and add to a blender of food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions.
- For the freezer method – pour the mixture into a shallow freezer proof container.
- Freeze for 1 hour and return to the food processor or blender.
- Mix until smooth.
- Return to freezer and freeze until firm.