Cashew Sugar Cookies
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1/3 cup sour cream|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 cups flour|
|3/4 tsp baking powder|
|3/4 tsp baking soda|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1 and 3/4 cups of cashews|
|1/2 cup butter|
|3 tbs heavy cream|
|2 cups confectioners sugar|
These are soft sour cream cookies with cashews and burned butter frosting. May be the best cookie that you have ever had.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease several cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl cream together the 1/2 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, beating well.
- Stir in the sour cream and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in cashew pieces.
- Drop rounded spoon fulls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until butter turns a light brown color. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled cookies.