Charcoal Grilled Marinated Turkey Legs
- 4 turkey legs, washed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small head garlic, crushed
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
These turkey legs are grilled marinated overnight and grilled over charcoal. They turn out juicy and golden brown with crispy skin.
- In a large shallow dish add all the herbs, spices and oil. Mix well.
- Season turkey legs with salt and pepper and add to the spices and oil.
- Rub the mixture all over the turkey legs, cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Turn the turkey lets in the mixture every several hours.
- Heat a charcoal grill, set up for indirect heat, and add the turkey legs. (not directly over the coals)
- Cook for 1 hour turning occasionally.
- Check temperature of turkey legs. They will be done when they reach 180 degrees.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, place the turkey legs directly over the coals, turning frequently to achieve a golden brown color.