Clam Sauce Ricard
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Ricard is an anise flavored liquor that is a staple in France. It’s unique flavor lends itself to savory sauces. This a wonderful sauce served over pasta or seafood. Ricard is also great served over ice.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Add the clam juice and wine, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Let cook about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the cream and egg yolk, and add it to the sauce, beating rapidly with the whisk for about 5 seconds.
- Do not overcook.
- Continue beating and remove the sauce from the stove.
- Season with salt, pepper and Cayenne.
- Add the Ricard and mix.
- Serve over pasta or seafood.