Clam Sauce Ricard
|3 tbs butter|
|3 tbs flour|
|1 cup clam juice|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 egg yolk|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/8 tsp cayenne pepper|
Ricard is an anise flavored liquor that is a staple in France. It’s unique flavor lends itself to savory sauces. This a wonderful sauce served over pasta or seafood. Ricard is also great served over ice.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Add the clam juice and wine, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Let cook about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the cream and egg yolk, and add it to the sauce, beating rapidly with the whisk for about 5 seconds.
- Do not overcook.
- Continue beating and remove the sauce from the stove.
- Season with salt, pepper and Cayenne.
- Add the Ricard and mix.
- Serve over pasta or seafood.