Crab and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
|36 button mushrooms, stems removed|
|1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened|
|3 tbs mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup scallions|
|1 lb of crab meat, flaked|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1/2 cup parsley|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
|1 cup bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup melted butter|
These mushrooms are a great appetizer stuffed with crab meat and cream cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Stem the mushrooms and reserve 1/2 of the stems and mince them.
- Whip the cream cheese until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced mushroom stems and crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, scallions, parsley and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and gently combine.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the cheese mixture and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter with the bread crumbs and top each stuff mushroom with about a tsp full of the buttered crumbs.
- Bake mushrooms a 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are hot and most of the liquid from the mushrooms has collected in the pan.