Crab Spread Appetizer Dip
|1 envelope plain gelatin|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|1 cup clam juice|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup, peeled and minced cucumber|
|1/2 cup chopped red pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped scallion|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
|1 lb of crab meat (you may use any variety)|
This is a delicious dip that is great for an impromptu gathering. It is chocked full of crab and flavored with Dijon mustard, red, yellow peppers and scallions.
- In a medium bowl mix the gelatin with water. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Bring clam juice to a boil and pour over gelatin and stir in until completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir into gelatin mixture.
- Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Stir in crab meat, cucumber, bell peppers and scallions.
- Fold in heavy cream.
- Turn mixture into a lightly oiled 4 cup mold and chill until firm. At least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Unmold and serve with crackers and crusty bread.