Cranberry Cherry and Pear Relish
- 1 (12 oz) package of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
This is a wonderful spin on classic cranberry sauce. This version contains cranberries, cherries and pears.
- Combine cranberries, cherries, pears, vinegar, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large heavy sauce pan and bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the fruit is tender and the mixture has thickened. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool before serving.