- 1 whole rabbit, cut up
- 1 oz of ghee or unsalted butter
- 3 large onions,sliced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, crushed and minced
- 3 tsp ground coriander powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 8 ozs frozen corn
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
This is a mild curry rabbit dish that is easy to prepare.Rabbit takes especially well to curry preparations.
- Add the ghee or unsalted butter to a large stock pot. If you are using unsalted butter add several tbs of oil along with the butter.
- Add the rabbit pieces and brown all over.
- Reduce heat and add the onion, ginger and garlic and continue frying for 1 minute.
- Add the ground coriander and mix.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until the rabbit is tender.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
- Add the thyme, parsley, rosemary and garam masala and simmer for another 30 miutes.
- Serve with rice.