|1 whole rabbit, cut up|
|1 oz of ghee or unsalted butter|
|3 large onions,sliced|
|1 inch of fresh ginger, crushed and minced|
|3 tsp ground coriander powder|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|1 tsp garam masala|
|8 ozs frozen corn|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 sprigs of thyme|
|2 sprigs rosemary|
|2 tbs fresh parsley|
This is a mild curry rabbit dish that is easy to prepare.Rabbit takes especially well to curry preparations.
- Add the ghee or unsalted butter to a large stock pot. If you are using unsalted butter add several tbs of oil along with the butter.
- Add the rabbit pieces and brown all over.
- Reduce heat and add the onion, ginger and garlic and continue frying for 1 minute.
- Add the ground coriander and mix.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until the rabbit is tender.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
- Add the thyme, parsley, rosemary and garam masala and simmer for another 30 miutes.
- Serve with rice.