Easy Brussels Sprouts Casserole
- 2 qts of Brussels sprouts
- 1 (5 oz) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Cheese almonds, water chestnuts and a creamy mushroom sauce turn these Brussels sprouts into something special.
- Cook sprouts in boiling salted water until tender. About 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place the sprouts in a casserole dish and top with water chestnuts.
- In a sauce pan combine soup and milk.
- Add cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Using medium heat cook until cheese melts.
- Pour over the sprouts and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until bubbling. About 25 minutes.