- 1 (18 oz) package of white cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz) package of non instant chocolate pudding mix
- Red food coloring
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
These cupcakes are very easy to make. It starts with a white cake mix combined with a chocolate pudding mix along with buttermilk and red food coloring. These cupcakes are delicious with cream cheese frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake according to package directions, substituting half of the water called for with buttermilk.(1/2 cup)
- Stir in pudding mix and red food coloring. Add enough food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Pour the batter into a muffin pan that has been lined with paper cup cake linings.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes our clean.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.