Game Day Chessy Spinach Pull Apart
|3 tbs butter, melted|
|1 and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder|
|1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2 cup mozzarella cheese|
|1 (9 oz) box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of liquid then finely chopped.|
|5 large leaves of fresh basil, chopped or 2 tsp dried|
|1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|2 (8oz) cans of Pillsbury refrigerated garlic butter crescent dinner rolls. (16 rolls)|
|1 cup marinara sauce heated.|
This is a Perfect pass around recipe for game day or a gathering of family and friends. It is very easy to prepare and used store brought crescent rolls, mozzarella, cream cheese,spinach and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan with Crisco cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, mozzarella, spinach, basil, pepper and remaining 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Blend well and set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles.
- Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make a total of 32 small triangles.
- Stretch or press each triangle slightly, being careful not to tear it.
- Spoon 1 tbs of the spinach mixture onto the center of each triangle.
- pull the dough around mixture into a ball.
- Press edges to seal. You should have 32 balls.
- Roll each ball in butter mixture and layer in the pan.
- bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a heat proof serving plate upside down over the pan and turn plate and pan over.
- Remove pan and cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.