Habanero Garlic Hot Sauce
|1 lb of yellow and orange Habanero peppers, stems removed|
|1 whole head of garlic cloves, skin removed|
|1 (16 oz) bottle of white vinegar|
|1 heaping tbs of kosher salt|
Habanero Peppers are the second hottest pepper in the world next to the ghost pepper from India. They however have an unparalleled flavor if used correctly in small amounts. Store brought hot sauces will change color in a few weeks after opening. This hot sauce may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 months, but we guarantee that you will use it all before then. This recipe uses only orange and yellow peppers in order to achieve a bright orange color. You may however use any color that you desire.
- Remove stems from peppers, cut them in half and add them to a blender.
- Clean garlic cloves and add to blender.
- Add vinegar and salt.
- Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Store in a plastic container with top.
- Use sparingly as this sauce is very hot.