Hawaiian Lau Lau
|1 lb of butter fish (black cod)|
|1 lb of pork shoulder (Boston Butt)|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|8 ti leaves (available in Asian markets)|
|16 taro leaves (available in Asian markets)|
Lau Lau is Hawaiian Soul food. It is made by wraping butter fish (black cod), along with pork shoulder and a piece of fat back in ti and taro leaves and steamed for several hours. 4 servings.
- Place two ti leaves in an on a flat surface. (you will have 4 ti leaves)
- Place 1/4 lb of fish, pork and a piece of salt pork in the center of each taro leave.
- Season each package with salt, and wrap tightly.
- Place each package in the center of the ti leaves and wrap around the taro packages and tie with a string.
- Place the packages in a steamer and steam for 3 to 4 hours.