Hawaiian Tuna Poke
- 1 lb of sushi grade tuna, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1 Serrano pepper, diced
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
Poke is an Hawaiian version of Ceviche with an Asian twist. This recipe marries sushi grade tuna with cucumber, avocados, green onions, sesame seeds, hot chilies, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- In a non reactive bowl, combine the tuna, cucumber, avocado, green onion, sesame seeds and chilie.
- Add the lemon juice, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Gently mix well.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for several hours.