Homemade Toffee with Macadamia Nuts
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Add butter, sugar and salt to a medium saucepan.Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Bring to a boil and stir dissolving all the sugar.
- The mixture should be a dark golden color.
- Using a candy thermometer bring the mixture to 285 degrees.
- Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Meanwhile while toffee is cooking cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil .
- When the toffee reaches 285 degrees, pour it out on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and let it soften for several minutes.
- Once chocolate is soft spread it evenly over the toffee.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate.
- Place the toffee in the refrigerator until it has set, then break it into pieces.
- May be stored in an airtight container.