Honey Carrot Cake
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups carrots,finely grated
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
This is delicious carrot cake sweetened with honey. It is also flavored with raisins, orange juice and vanilla. You may use cream cheese frosting as pictured. Use our search engine as we have several versions of this frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine until fluffy.
- Beat in honey in fine stream until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine carrots, raisins nuts, orange juice, and vanilla and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with carrot mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near center comes our clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn onto a wire cake rack.
- Use recipe for “Cream Cheese Frosting” if desired.