Sesame Pork Appetizers
- 1 and 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Spinach leaves
This is a wonderful recipe provided by the National Pork Producers Council. It is pork loin flavored with dry sherry, soy sauce, honey and ginger. It is perfect served as an appetizer.
- In a dish large enough to hold the tenderloin, combine the sherry and soy sauce.
- Add the pork and let marinate for 1 to 2 hours, turning several times.
- Remove the tenderloin.
- Spread honey on a plate and on a separate plate place the sesame seeds.
- Roll the pork in the honey, then the sesame seeds.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or luntil a meat thermoter registers 155 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice on the diagonal.
- Combine all remaining ingredients for the dipping sauce and place in a small bowl in the center of a serving plater.
- Surround the bowl with spinach leaves and arrange the pork on top.