Spinach Ball Appetizers
These are delicious appetizers with spinach, Parmesan and spicy jack cheese formed into savory balls. They are great served on a platter with tooth picks.
- 1 (10 oz) pkg of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
- 2 cups dry bread stuffing mix crushed or bread crumbs
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together chopped spinach, stuffing mix, eggs. Parmesan, jack cheese, onion and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into round balls 1/2 the size of a golf ball and place on a lightly greased baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow the balls to thaw for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.