Kung Pao Shrimp
|1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|2 tsp cornstarch|
|1 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|8 small dried chilies|
|6 scallions, chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, sliced|
|2 tbs fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 cup peanuts|
This is a classic Chinese preparation of Kung Pao Shrimp that is seasoned with chilies, ginger and peppercorns.
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, cornstarch and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or a large saute pan over high heat, add the oil chilies, scallions, garlic and ginger.
- Stir rapidly for 1 minute.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for 1 minute, then add the shrimp and peanuts and cook until the shrimp turns pink. About 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until sauce thickens. About 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice.