Kung Pao Shrimp
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 8 small dried chilies
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts
This is a classic Chinese preparation of Kung Pao Shrimp that is seasoned with chilies, ginger and peppercorns.
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, cornstarch and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or a large saute pan over high heat, add the oil chilies, scallions, garlic and ginger.
- Stir rapidly for 1 minute.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for 1 minute, then add the shrimp and peanuts and cook until the shrimp turns pink. About 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until sauce thickens. About 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice.