Macadamia Crusted Sea Bass with Mango
- l lb of sea bass fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup bread crumb
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 mango peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Sea bass is a super healthy fish that his high in omega 3 fatty acids. The sea bass is sauted with garlic topped with macadamia nuts and baked until golden brown.
- In a food processor, combine macadamia nuts, bread crumbs, 1 tsp olive oil, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Process until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the mango, cream and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil and crushed garlic in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sea bass and sear on both sides and remove from heat.
- Transfer fish to a baking dish and roast until fish flakes.
- Cover the fish with the macadamia crust and return the fish to the oven until the crust browns.
- Top with the mango cream sauce.