Macadamia Crusted Sea Bass with Mango
|l lb of sea bass fillets|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped|
|1 tsp olive oil|
|pinch of red pepper flakes|
|1/4 cup bread crumb|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 mango peeled, seeded and diced|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Sea bass is a super healthy fish that his high in omega 3 fatty acids. The sea bass is sauted with garlic topped with macadamia nuts and baked until golden brown.
- In a food processor, combine macadamia nuts, bread crumbs, 1 tsp olive oil, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Process until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the mango, cream and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil and crushed garlic in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sea bass and sear on both sides and remove from heat.
- Transfer fish to a baking dish and roast until fish flakes.
- Cover the fish with the macadamia crust and return the fish to the oven until the crust browns.
- Top with the mango cream sauce.