- 5 ripe large tomatoes (you may use a variety of different colored tomatoes if available)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
This is perfect fresh tomato salad that is marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano.
- Peel tomatoes and cut into thick slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over tomatoes.
- Chill thoroughly and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring several times.
- Serve atop butter lettuce or mixed greens.