Mexican Cheesy Corn Bread
|1 cup butter melted|
|1 cup white sugar|
|1 15 oz can creamed corn|
|1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies|
|1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese|
|1/2 cup cheddar or Velveeta cheese|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup yellow cornmeal|
|4 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp salt|
This is moist cheesy corn bread with Monterrey Jack and green chilies.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Blend in creamed corn, chilies, cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour cornmeal,baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture.
- Stir until smooth and pour into baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- Bake in a preheated over for 20-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes our clean.