Mexican Cheesy Corn Bread
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz can creamed corn
- 1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar or Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
This is moist cheesy corn bread with Monterrey Jack and green chilies.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Blend in creamed corn, chilies, cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour cornmeal,baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture.
- Stir until smooth and pour into baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- Bake in a preheated over for 20-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes our clean.