Mussels in Butter White Wine Sauce
|1 lb of mussels, cleaned and de-bearded|
|3/4 cup white wine|
|3/4 cup clam/tomato juice|
|3 cloves garlic, sliced|
|1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|3 tbs butter|
These are delicious steamed mussels in a reduced butter and white wine sauce.
- In a stock pot, combine the wine, clam/tomato juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until opened. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Remove mussels from broth and return to a boil.
- Add butter and reduce broth to about 3/4 cup.
- Add mussels to bowls and cover with some of the sauce.
- Serve with crusty bread.