Mussels in Butter White Wine Sauce
- 1 lb of mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup clam/tomato juice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs butter
These are delicious steamed mussels in a reduced butter and white wine sauce.
- In a stock pot, combine the wine, clam/tomato juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until opened. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Remove mussels from broth and return to a boil.
- Add butter and reduce broth to about 3/4 cup.
- Add mussels to bowls and cover with some of the sauce.
- Serve with crusty bread.