Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
These are much better than chocolate chip cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butters, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold into the oats along with with the chocolate and butterscotch chips. Mix well.
- Spread on a greased 10 x 15 greased metal pan with a rim.
- Using a spatula smooth evenly into the pan,
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool, but cut the bars while still warm, as a knife will go through them more easily.