- 20 oz porterhouse steak
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs meat tenderizer
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Melted butter
All you need with this perfect porterhouse is olive oil, steak seasoning, hot charcoal, and a little meat tenderizer. Serves 2.
- Place steak on a plate and coat lightly with olive oil.
- Rub steak with meat tenderizer.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and gently rub into steak.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- When grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
- Unwrap the steaks and grill on open flame or charcoal grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Baste with melted butter while cooking.