- 2 Pitas, cut in half
- 1 tbs butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 lb of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a super simple vegetarian breakfast sandwich served in pita bread along with scrambled eggs, alfalfa sprouts, shredded cheddar and tomatoes.
* Health Tip: Pita has two major nutritional benefits. The amount of dietary fiber and the amount of protein. Read more at Ehow.
- Cut pita’s in half and lightly toast in a medium oven
- In a bowl beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add butter to a saute pan.
- Using medium heat scramble the eggs until fluffy, About 1 minute.
- To the four wedges of pita bread and an equal amount of eggs, sprouts, cheese and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.