Pommes Anna Potatoes
|3 lbs of baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices.|
|1/2 stick of unsalted butter|
|1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted|
|1 tbs tsp dried thyme|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs fresh parsley chopped|
|Non stick spray|
This is French recipe that show off the best in French rustic cooking.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a large cast iron skillet or large saute spray with non stick spray.
- Add the potatoes starting from the outside, slightly overlapping the potatoes in a circular manner.
- After each layer season lightly with salt, pepper and thyme and some melted butter.
- You should have 4 to 5 layers when finished. Firmly pack the potatoes down.
- Cover pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and top with additional butter if desired and bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut potatoes in wedges and remove from pan.
- Serve with a crisp white wine.