Rabbit Pot Pie
- 1 rabbit, de-boned and cut into serving pieces
- Chicken stock
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 potatoes diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 2 eggs beaten (for pastry)
This is a delicious pot pie that uses rabbit in a savory gravy along with carrots, onions and celery.
- Soak rabbit in equal parts of water and vinegar overnight.
- Remove rabbit from vinegar mixture and dry.
- Season with salt and pepper and roll in flour.
- In a stew pot or large sauce pan, heat a little oil using medium high heat and brown the rabbit on all sides.
- Add enough stock to cover the rabbit.
- Cover and simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer until the carrots are tender.
- Thicken the broth with a 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of flour mixed together.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and top with a puff pastry sheet that has been rolled out.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash .
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the crust is golden brown.