Sea Bass with Olives Capers and Tomatoes
|2 lb of sea bass fillets (4 to 6 fillets)|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large onion thinly sliced|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 cups plum tomatoes, chopped|
|1 and 1/2 cups white wine|
|1/4 cup capers, drained|
|2/3 cups stuffed green olives|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1/4 cup parsley, chopped|
This sea bass is cooked in a olive, caper, tomato and white wine sauce.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until soft.
- Stir in garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add wine olives,capers and red pepper flakes and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place fish into sauce,cover and gently simmer for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Increase the heat and add butter to sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve.