Sea Bass with Olives Capers and Tomatoes
- 2 lb of sea bass fillets (4 to 6 fillets)
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2/3 cups stuffed green olives
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
This sea bass is cooked in a olive, caper, tomato and white wine sauce.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until soft.
- Stir in garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add wine olives,capers and red pepper flakes and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place fish into sauce,cover and gently simmer for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Increase the heat and add butter to sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve.