Shrimp Fra Diavlo
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 large can of Italian plum tomatoes, chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, sliced|
|3 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1 onion, minced|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp oregano|
|3 tbs chopped flat leaf parsley|
|1 lb of pasta (spaghetti or pasta of your choice)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a classic spicy Italian recipe that may be prepared with shrimp or lobster.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a large saute pan using medium heat add the oil.
- Add the onions and saute for several minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another several minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, red pepper flakes and parsley and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Serve over pasta.