- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large can of Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbs chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb of pasta (spaghetti or pasta of your choice)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a classic spicy Italian recipe that may be prepared with shrimp or lobster.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a large saute pan using medium heat add the oil.
- Add the onions and saute for several minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another several minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, red pepper flakes and parsley and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Serve over pasta.