Slow Cooked Rabbit with Wine and Herbs
- 1 rabbit cut into pieces
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 4 tbs vinegar
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbs Canola oil
Rabbit is a delicious meat that is underused in the USA. It has a rich savory flavor that can be accentuated easily by using herbs and wine.
- Place canola oil and butter in large stock pot, using medium high heat.
- Add the rabbit pieces and brown on all sides.About 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions and garlic and saute until soft. Another 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to pot to cover.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 4 hours, or until rabbit is tender.
- Add more liquid if necessary.