Slow Cooked Rabbit with Wine and Herbs
|1 rabbit cut into pieces|
|2 tbs butter|
|3 cloves garlic minced|
|1 onion chopped|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup water or chicken stock|
|1 carrot, chopped|
|1 stalk of celery chopped|
|4 tbs vinegar|
|4 sprigs thyme|
|2 bay leaves|
|4 sprigs rosemary|
|2 tbs Canola oil|
Rabbit is a delicious meat that is underused in the USA. It has a rich savory flavor that can be accentuated easily by using herbs and wine.
- Place canola oil and butter in large stock pot, using medium high heat.
- Add the rabbit pieces and brown on all sides.About 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions and garlic and saute until soft. Another 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to pot to cover.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 4 hours, or until rabbit is tender.
- Add more liquid if necessary.