Spanish Shrimp Appetizer
|1 lb of large shrimp, shells and leg's removed, then cooked|
|1 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice|
|kosher salt to taste|
|parsley for garnish (optional)|
This is super simple delicious shrimp appetizer that is frequently served in Spain. It is essential that you have the freshest shrimp available. The interesting thing about this recipe is that the shrimp are served raw and there are only 5 ingredients in the recipe.
- Peel the shrimp and remove the legs.
- Boil shrimp for 3-5 minutes, then place in an ice bath.
- Place the shrimp on a platter in a artful way.
- In a bowl mix the add the lemon juice
- Using a whisk slowly add the olive oil to the lemon juice while whisking,
- Taste and season with a little salt.
- Pour the dressing over the shrimp.
- You may alternatively place shrimp on small plates for each guest.