- 2 lbs of skirt steak, trimmed of fat
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb sliced aged provolone cheese
- 2 bunches fresh sage leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
The steak is pounded thin and rolled up with fresh sage, parsley, provolone cheese and prosciutto.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the steak into (1/4 lb) pieces,then pound until steak is (1/4 inch) thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- lay 1 slice of provolone, a few sage leaves, parsley and 2 slices of prosciutto on each piece of steak
- Roll steak up into pinwheels and secure with toothpicks.
- Add a tbs of olive oil the a saute pan.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat and brown the steak rolls on all sides.
- Transfer steak rolls to a baking pan and bake for about 7 minutes for medium rare.