Strawberry Cream Puffs
These are delicious sweet cream puffs made with strawberry ice cream, whipped cream and rum.
Cream Puff Paste:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup flour, sifted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 (10 oz) package of frozen strawberries
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs rum
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered, sifted
- 1 pint of strawberry ice cream
- Grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For Cream Puff Paste – heat water, butter and salt in a sauce pan until butter has melted.
- Increase heat and bring quickly to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour all at once, and beat until dough forms a ball and comes away from the sides of the pan cleanly.
- Return to heat and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly then beat eggs in 1 at a time.
- Fill as pastry bag fitted with a large fluted nozzle with the paste.
- Pipe 16 small rosettes onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cut a lid from each cream puff and cool on rack.
- To make filling – combine strawberries, granulated sugar and rum in a small bowl.
- Set aside to thaw.
- Whip the cream with half the powdered sugar until stiff.
- Fill bottom halves of puffs with the thawed strawberry mixture.
- Place scoops of ice cream over strawberries.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a fluted nozzle and pipe the whipped cream onto ice cream,
- Top with the cream puff lids.
- Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.