- 4 cups potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 3 tbs bread crumbs
- 1 frozen 9 inch pie crust
This is a Swiss version of scalloped potatoes. Bake and cut into wedges to serve.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until fork tender.
- Drain and place potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg yolks and blend with sour cream, then combine with the butter.
- Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into frozen pie crust or use homemade pie crust if desired.
- Combine the cheese and crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the potatoes. As an option you may top the pie with another crust if desired.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes.