|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 large sweet onions, sliced in rings|
|1/2 lb goat cheese|
|2 cups ricotta cheese or large curd cottage cheese|
|1 cup creme Fraiche or sour cream|
|3 large eggs|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg|
This the Alsatian version of pizza. This version uses puff pastry, layered with goat cheese, creme fraiche. ricotta, goat cheese, onions and prosciutto.
- Thaw puff pastry overnight.
- In a large saute pan using low heat melt the butter and add the onion rings.
- Slowly saute, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and just beginning to color. About 25 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the together the egg, the cheeses and the creme Fraiche or sour cream and set aside.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry and prick holes all over with a fork. This will allow the pastry to rise evenly.
- Cover each pastry sheet evenly with the cheese mixture, onions and prosciutto.
- Place rounds on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and slightly risen.