Thai Tom Ka Gai Soup
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped lemon grass, tender portion only
- 2 Thai bird chilies or 3 Serrano peppers
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 4 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 10 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
This delicious coconut milk based Thai soup is season with garlic,lemon grass, coriander and chilies. The addition of chicken and bok choy make this an extra special flavor explosion.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat add the peanut oil.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chilies, coriander and cumin. cook until fragrant. About 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and onion and cook until chicken is almost cooked.
- Stir in bok choy and cook until it begins to wilt. About 3 minutes.
- Add water or stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and cilantro.
- Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked. About 30 minutes.