Thai Tom Ka Gai Soup
|2 tsp peanut oil|
|2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs grated fresh ginger|
|1/4 cup chopped lemon grass, tender portion only|
|2 Thai bird chilies or 3 Serrano peppers|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips|
|1 onion thinly sliced|
|2 cups bok choy, shredded|
|4 cups water or chicken stock|
|1 10 oz can of coconut milk|
|1/4 cup fish sauce|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
This delicious coconut milk based Thai soup is season with garlic,lemon grass, coriander and chilies. The addition of chicken and bok choy make this an extra special flavor explosion.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat add the peanut oil.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chilies, coriander and cumin. cook until fragrant. About 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and onion and cook until chicken is almost cooked.
- Stir in bok choy and cook until it begins to wilt. About 3 minutes.
- Add water or stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and cilantro.
- Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked. About 30 minutes.