Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
|1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes with juice|
|1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 (4 oz) cans of green chilies, drained and chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 small onion, diced|
|2 cans of chicken broth|
|4 tbs chili powder|
|3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbs cumin|
|1 tbs of olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Scallions, cheddar cheese and sour cream for garnish|
This is super rich vegetarian chili that can be put together in a snap. It also freezes very well. 6 plus servings.
- In a large sauce pan using medium high heat add the onion and garlic, saute for 1 minute
- Add all the other ingredients except for the garnishes
- Simmer partially covered for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chopped scallions.