Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz) cans of green chilies, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- 4 tbs chili powder
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Scallions, cheddar cheese and sour cream for garnish
This is super rich vegetarian chili that can be put together in a snap. It also freezes very well. 6 plus servings.
- In a large sauce pan using medium high heat add the onion and garlic, saute for 1 minute
- Add all the other ingredients except for the garnishes
- Simmer partially covered for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chopped scallions.