|3 lbs of veal shoulder, trimmed of fat and cubed|
|1 tbs paprika|
|3 tbs bacon fat or shortening|
|4 medium onions, sliced|
|1 green pepper, cut into squares|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 cups crushed tomatoes|
|1 cup beef stock, to cover, more if needed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp caraway seeds|
|1 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
|6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
This is excellent way to cook veal shoulder or Venison. This is a Hungarian stew that contains onions peppers, garlic and tomatoes. It is seasoned with paprika and caraway seeds.
- Season meat with paprika.
- Brown in bacon fat.
- Add the onions, green peppers.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add caraway seeds, vinegar and water.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.