- 3 lbs of veal shoulder, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 1 tbs paprika
- 3 tbs bacon fat or shortening
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into squares
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock, to cover, more if needed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
This is excellent way to cook veal shoulder or Venison. This is a Hungarian stew that contains onions peppers, garlic and tomatoes. It is seasoned with paprika and caraway seeds.
- Season meat with paprika.
- Brown in bacon fat.
- Add the onions, green peppers.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add caraway seeds, vinegar and water.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.