Chinese Cabbage Chive and Onion Salad
|2 ozs of Chinese garlic chives (available at Asian markets)|
|1/4 wedge of savoy cabbage, sliced thinly|
|1/4 wedge of red cabbage, sliced thinly|
|1/4 onion wedge, sliced thinly|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tsp hot chili powder|
|1 and 1/2 tbs sesame seeds|
|1 and 1/2 tbs sesame oil|
|1 tsp cider vinegar|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste.|
This is delicious crunchy salad with cabbage leaves, dressed with chili powder and soy dressing.
- Trim the ends off the chives and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Soak the onion and red and savoy cabbage in two separate bowls of ice water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the onion and cabbage, then combine them with the chives in a large bowl. Mix.
- For the dressing, combine the soy sauce, chili powder, sesame seeds, oil, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl. Mix well
- Season salad with salt and white pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.