Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake
|1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature|
|1 and 1/4 cups sugar, divided|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|2 cups flour|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 (12 oz) bag of chocolate chips|
Cinnamon and chocolate are perfect partners. This cake is sure to become one of your favorites.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, 1 cup of sugar and eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, blend thoroughly on low speed.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add gradually to the beaten mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured (9×13) baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar-cinnamon and half of the chocolate chips over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.