Classic Fried Oysters
- 2 pints of select oysters, drained (about 3 dozen)
- 3 cups of canola or peanut oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 tbs parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs
This is a classic recipe for fried oysters, which uses a mixture corn meal, flour and cracker crumbs. The oysters are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Combine the corn meal, flour, parsley, salt, pepper, cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Dredge the oysters in the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep sauce pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Fry the oysters in batches until golden and crispy. About 3 minutes.
- Serve with tartar and or cocktail sauce.