Classic Fried Oysters
|2 pints of select oysters, drained (about 3 dozen)|
|3 cups of canola or peanut oil|
|pinch of salt|
|pinch of white pepper|
|1 tbs parsley chopped|
|1/4 cup corn meal|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1/4 cup cracker crumbs|
This is a classic recipe for fried oysters, which uses a mixture corn meal, flour and cracker crumbs. The oysters are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Combine the corn meal, flour, parsley, salt, pepper, cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Dredge the oysters in the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep sauce pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Fry the oysters in batches until golden and crispy. About 3 minutes.
- Serve with tartar and or cocktail sauce.