- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 3 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- butter lettuce leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Use farm fresh ripe tomatoes for this recipe.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream and half of the basil. Mix well.
- Just before serving, arrange lettuce, tomatoes and onions on individual salad plates.
- Drizzle dressing over, and sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.