Crisp Veggie Salad with Corn and Avocado
- Buttermilk ranch dressing or bottled
- 1 and 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 avocado, cut into half inch chunks
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced in coins
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1//2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a healthy rainbow-colored salad. You may use store brought or homemade salad dressing.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of buttermilk ranch dressing and mix well
- Chill for 30 minutes then serve.